Programs for Allied Health Professionals in Self Management Support, with Owen Curtis
Self Management Solutions CPD Programs enable you as a health professional to more fully engage your service users in health behaviour change and in chronic condition self-management.
We have a number of on-line and face-to-face workshops that will provide you with a broad range of skills, approaches, tools and strategies for re-orienting your professional behaviours around patient-centred care.
We believe your consultations will be more effective when they represent a meeting between equals, a meeting between two experts, you, an expert in discipline- based knowledge, and your service user, an expert in ‘self’.
In your Professional Practice have you…
- Found that simply telling your clients to make one or more behaviour changes, just doesn’t work?
- Wondered WHY clients simply don’t engage with the steps required for doing SOMETHING to improve their health and wellbeing?
- Reflected that you would really like to get a better return on the professional energy you invest in your clients?
Self-Management Solutions have been demonstrating for more than seven years now, that you will gain easy-to-use professional skills and capabilities from the experiential learning activities provided by our CPD Courses.Enquire Now
You will be better prepared to meet Professional Challenges with our support through:
- Easy access to proven strategies, approaches and tools
Self-Management Solutions has identified and collated a range of evidence-based strategies, approaches and tools that you can bring to interactions with your service users. With these recommended approaches and tools you can have a very real and positive impact on behaviour change in your service users.
- The CCSM Support Tool Kit
Our CCSM Support Tools Kit is a winner because it has been designed by an award-winning educational board games designer. The Kit includes a range of tools that provide for unique reflective experiences, using visual images and kinaesthetic activities to reinforce and strengthen self-understanding and personal decision-making. It is colourful and easy to use as well as highly engaging for both health practitioner and service user, with fully integrated coaching tips, on the reverse side of each scale or finder, to assist you as facilitator of positive behavioural change. Through structured and clearly-sequenced processes, the activities in the Kit also provide valuable insights for developing shared understanding, about health-related behaviours and options for action, in a partnership approach.
- Easy and immediate access to Professional mentoring.
This is available on an as-needed basis through on-line chat spaces, forums and postings as well as person-to-mentor support, should any concerns or challenges emerge with application of the recommended tools, strategies and processes.
- Access to like-minded professionals in a community of practice working on their shared purpose of supporting positive behaviour change, for people living with complex and chronic conditions.