Invited Speaker Presentations
Sue and Owen have presented at National and International conferences in the area of behaviour change and have been Invited Guest Presenters on a number of occasions, Some of the papers presented by Sue, are noted below.
Conference Presentations and Abstracts
- Sue Curtis, ‘Reflection in Action Tools for practice’ N2E Facilitating Transition from Nurse to Educator, University of Central Queensland 2013
- Sue Curtis, ‘Action Speaks Louder than Words in the Third Sector – Measures of Effective Practice That Really Work’, Paper presented to Australasian Evaluation Society Conference, Evaluation: Equipping Communities and Government, Adelaide, South Australia, 1-3 October 1997
- Sue Curtis, ‘Higher Education in Australia: When Organisations for Learning Need to Become Learning Organisations’, Paper presented to the Fourth International Conference, Australasian Association for Institutional Research, Darling Harbour, Sydney, September 29-October 1, 1993
- Sue Curtis, ‘Quality Moves in Australian Higher Education’, Paper presented to the First Biennial Conference and General Conference of the International Network of Quality Assurance Agencies in Higher Education (INQAAHE), Montreal, Canada, May 24-28, 1993
- Sue Curtis and Gustavo Guzman, ‘Unpacking and Repackaging The Organisation: Key Issues in Information Systems Development, Implementation and Integration’, background paper written for Training Program on S&T Indicators and MIS for the State Science and Technology Commission of China, Centre for Research Policy, University of Wollongong, 1993.
- Curtis, O and Hodgson A, Alternative approach to obesity in children AAESS National Conference, Sydney 2004
- Curtis O., and Grainger I., Development of strategic allegiances between AAESS and Fitness Australia AAESS National Conference, Sydney 2004
- Curtis, O, Invited Presenter Filex Convention, Sydney 2003
- Curtis, O, Invited Presenter: Exercise programming for elderly diabetics, Workshop, 4th IDF WPR Congress, Sydney, Australia. Aug 25-28, 1999
- Curtis,O., Brown, M, Groeller, H., and Tapsell, L Nutrition and Exercise Science, a logical connection, Half day Workshop conducted at 16th Annual DAA Conference, Sydney, May 1998
- Curtis O, The skills and competencies of the Exercise Physiologist – Continuing Medical Education Program, SCMPA, Nowra, March 1998
- Curtis O, Developing effective rehabilitation programmes. Essential Executive Briefing – Workers Compensation and Rehabilitation, Sydney, December 1997. Note, I am Chairing Day 2 of this conference.
- Curtis O. Making your facility self funding. Health Promotion Day, 1997 International Fitness and Healthy Lifestyle Convention and Expo, Sydney (1997)
- Curtis O,Profit from the Workfit Experience, 1997 International Fitness and Healthy Lifestyle Convention and Expo, Sydney (1997)
- Miners, A.L., Steele, J.R., & Curtis, O.C. A functional intervention program for falls prevention in the ederly. Community Care – Myth or Reality. Australian Association of Gerontology 1995 National Conference, Brisbane, October, 1995 pp.1
- Miners, A.L., Hume, P.A., Steele, J.R., & Curtis, O.C. Static and dynamic balance assessment of the elderly using the Kinesthetic Ability Trainer. Community Care – Myth or Reality. Australian Association of Gerontology 1995 National Conference, Brisbane, October, 1995 pp.1